Health Information Specialist II/Scheduler
Monday – Friday
10:00am – 5:00pm
The Health Information specialist II/Scheduler is responsible for scheduling radiology services for both the clinic and hospital. They will coordinate the flow and exchange of information related to patient activity including performing registration of patients and medical record maintenance. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interact with medical clinics to schedule and coordinate diagnostic imaging exams.
- Call patients to setup appointments.
- Ensure insurance verification and authorization is complete prior to appointment.
- Review orders for completeness.
- Scan and index medical records.
- Conduct medical record quality audits and abstracting.
- Release imaging reports for continuity of care.
- Medical background working in a healthcare environment required
- Experience working in a hospital preferred
- Medical terminology
- Proficient computer skills
- 2 years experience scheduling in a hospital environment is required
- Demonstrated human relation, communication and coordination skills
- Ability to relate and work with a diverse group of individuals