1.0 Status (40 hours)
Performs food preparation and production tasks efficiently and accurately under direction of the Dietary Manager. Consistently follows safe food handling policies and procedures, recipes and plating instructions, etc.
- Prepares food according to diet extension recipes and food production sheets.
- Performs food production work efficiently, while monitoring a neat and sanitary work area (including doing dishes and cleaning). Ensures portion control of all items is per standard.
- Takes food orders via telephone and fax.
- Demonstrates a conscientious attitude in daily operations through portion control and reducing waste.
- Utilizes leftovers effectively by creating special and marketable products.
- Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections, and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Carries out certain duties routinely without direction such as wrapping silverware and filling condiment containers in the dining rooms.
- Operates dish machine to wash dishes, glasses, cups, trays and silverware.
- Maintains daily cleaning tasks and makes sure they are completed to regulations of state and federal agencies. Cleans dish machine and dish room area.
- Uses food preparation equipment properly, cleans and stores appropriately, and reports repairs if needed.
- Prior food production experience.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic counting duties, and understand directions.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Presents a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork at all times while working in the department.